Please note, this ride requires pre-booking by emailing Peter at Fatgadgi@yahoo.com
Rides must comply with COVID requirements. Please make sure that we don’t mingle in groups bigger than six at any time, even at the start of the ride. More details are at the end of the ride description.
Start time: 9.30 a.m.
Meeting point: Moulton Co-op, Stocks Hill, Moulton, NN3 7TB
Distance: Brisk 41 miles, Moderate 32 miles
Refreshment stop: Thornby Buddhist Centre
Pace: Brisk 14 to 15 mph, Moderate 11 to 12 mph.
Time Expected Back: 1:30 pm
These two rides to Thornby were originally devised by Brian, so they promise to be enjoyable, and the weather looks reasonable at the moment.
We will start at the Co-op in Moulton, riding North through Holcot, Walgrave and Lamport.
The Moderates turn West before Harrington, riding through Kelmarsh and Naseby to the Cafe stop at the Buddhist Centre in Thornby. They should be there 20 minutes or so before the Brisks, so will have the pick of the cake.
The Brisks, taking in a few more hills to tire them out, continue past Harrington through Sibbertoft, Welford and Cold Ashby before settling down to their coffee and cake.
Both groups follow the same 13 mile route back via Guilsborough and Brixworth.
The Brisk route can be viewed and downloaded from RideWithGPS:
The Moderate route can be viewed and downloaded from RideWithGPS:
To book a place on this ride, please email me at Fatgadgi@yahoo.com (or reply to this email).
We are delighted to continue the regular rides, however we will need some small changes in order to comply with the Government and Cycling UK guidance:
Maximum group size of six riders, including Leader
- This will require riders to confirm that they will join by emailing the ride leader within the week prior to the ride. Cut-off will be 6pm the night before the ride. Places available on a first-come basis.
- Places may be limited because of the small group sizes, but wherever possible, we will try to organise additional Ride Leaders to cover the numbers, but the Leader may have to refuse riders if over-subscribed.
- We need to maintain at least 2 metres distance between riders, with 1 metre minimum abreast.
- We will try to select cafes that adhere to Government rules on social distancing etc.
- The Leader may decide to not stop at a café, or refuse to stay at a café if not satisfied that it is complying with COVID requirements.
- The choice as to whether to sit outside or inside is the responsibility of the rider.
We request that all riders carry a small bottle of sanitiser and a face mask (required to sit or pay inside the cafe)
Philip Gray is our COVID Officer, to help to ensure that we are working to the latest guidelines. Feel free to contact him if you have any COVID related questions or concerns.