You may have seen from our April / May programme that our ride on Sunday 4th May is a ride from Oundle to Northampton following the route of Stage 1 of The Women’s Tour.
Here are some details:
- Meet by 8.00 a.m. at the Canoe Centre (NN4 7AA) with bikes. If driving to this meeting point, then park in the approach road rather than in the Centre itself.
- You and your bike will then be transported to Oundle. You’ll be a passenger in a Landrover (courtesy of Iain D). Your bike will be on a trailer (courtesy of Brian and the Scout Association). You may want to bring, say, foam pipe lagging if you want to protect your bike.
- We will park up in the car park behind the Joan Strong Centre off East Road, Oundle (PE8 4BZ) [Oundle may be getting ready on the Saturday for its celebration of the Tour; I’ll be talking to someone from Oundle Town Council later this month; if car parking is restricted, we’ll park up outside the town and I’ll confirm this in an e-mail.]
- We aim to start riding from Oundle at 9.30 a.m.
- It will be a Sunday club ride rather than a sportive or étape. We will have a couple of refreshment stops. [Stops will be confirmed after riding a recce.] We will go around, rather than through, the estates of Broughton Hall and Althorp Hall – unlike the women on race day!
- We will finish at the Guildhall, Northampton.
- The distance is approximately 60 miles. An map outline of the route is here.
We will have room in Iain’s Landrover for seven riders including Iain himself. Booking is therefore important. Please confirm that you want to take part by e-mailing email@example.com.
When the seven places in Iain’s Landrover have been booked, I’ll make suggestions for the co-ordination of other riders. (I’m driving back to Oundle after the ride, for example, in order to re-unite Iain D with his Landrover and the trailer.) I’ll give priority in booking a place in the Landrover to CTC members.